||Certified Organic by an independent, third party verification organization. Oils have been extracted from plants grown organically, without use of pesticides, and under approved methods of cultivation, harvest, and extraction.|
||Certified by an independent third party to meet the requirements and restrictions of Kosher law.|
||Pure Grade is 100% pure and natural from a single botanical species, extracted exclusively by physical means without additives, residual solvents, or extraction aids.|
||Food Grade oils are Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) and approved by the FDA for human consumption.|
What it does for you
Oregano Essential oil is an effective natural antibiotic and antifungal. It may also help you lose weight and lower cholesterol levels. This oil is high in phenols, natural phytochemical compounds with beneficial antioxidant effects:
Thymol: natural fungicide with antiseptic properties.
Carvacrol: the most active components of oregano oil, it has antimicrobial, antitumor, antimutagenic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antiparastic properties.
Rosmarinic acid: An antioxidant that prevents free radical damage and has shown promise in treating allergic asthma.
These are the most known potential benefits that Oregano may have:
- A natural antibiotic.
- Help lower cholesterol.
- Powerful Antioxidant.
- Improve gut health.
- Help you lose weight.
- Could relieve pain.
- Could help treat yeast infections.
PubMed Central, a highly respected database from the National Institutes of Health, gives us more information about some of the different studies regarding the heath benefits of Oregano and its components:
- Minimum inhibitory concentration and mode of action of Oregano.
- Studies have shown that oregano oil may help lower cholesterol.
- Antioxidant activity and phenolic compounds in selected herbs.
- Oregano oil has been found to be effective against 5 types of Candida.
- Studies also show that oregano may benefit gut health.
- Antinociceptive Effect of Aqueous Extract of Origanum vulgare.
- Carvacrol prevents diet-induced obesity by modulating gene expressions.