- Patchouli Essential Oil may help in:
- Treating skin conditions such as dermatitis, acne, or dry, cracked skin.
- Ease symptoms of colds, headaches, and stomach upset.
- .Relief depression
- Provide feelings of relaxation and helping to ease stress or anxiety.
- Help with oily hair or dandruff.
- Be used as an insecticide, antifungal, or antibacterial agent
What it does for you
Patchouli oil has a characteristic scent that might be described as woody, sweet, and spicy. This is why it is often used as a scent additive in products like cosmetics, perfumes, incense, etc. But, Patchouli also has a variety of additional uses throughout the world.
Different studies give us more information about regarding the health benefits of Patchouli and its components:
- Patchoulene epoxide isolated from suppresses acute inflammation.
- Effect of patchouli essential oil on in vitro and in vivo leukocytes behavior.
- Patchouli oil ameliorates acute colitis.
- Comparison of antimicrobial activities of natural essential oils.
- Antifungal and cytotoxic activities of sixty essential Oils.
- The bioinsecticidal activity and repellence of patchouli essential oil.