Orange (Citrus Sinensis) oil has the aroma of candied orange pieces, bright, sugary sweet, and fresh zest that creates a cheerful atmosphere. When diffused, it can help with nervous tension, sadness, and can also improve the aroma of a stale room. It is also calming and can help ease muscle tension.
This oil is normally safe when used; however, one should avoid sunlight after applying it as it may cause photo-toxicity.
100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil.
Sweet Orange Essential Oil can help with:
- Lift your mood, and reduces stress.
- Treat skin conditions, such as acne.
- Reduce pain or inflammation.
- Relieve stomach upset.
- Can be used as a natural cleaner.
- Add refreshing scent to a room.
What it does for you
Orange Essential Oil is extensively utilized in aromatherapy as it helps soothe tensed muscles and aids as a mood lifter. You can blend it with a carrier oil and use it as a fragrant lotion or cream for your skin.
Although it may also have a wide range of health benefits.
PubMed Central, a highly respected database from the National Institutes of Health, gives us more information about some of the different studies regarding the health benefits of Sweet Orange and its components:
- Application of orange essential oil as an antistaphylococcal agent.
- Therapy for acute nonpurulent rhinosinusitis with cineole.
- Screening of antifungal activity of 12 essential oils.
- The effect of aromatherapy by essential oil of orange on anxiety.
- The effect of aromatherapy with the Essential Oil of Orange on pain.
- Possible weight loss effect of sweet orange essential oil.