||Certified Organic by an independent, third party verification organization. Oils have been extracted from plants grown organically, without use of pesticides, and under approved methods of cultivation, harvest, and extraction.|
||Certified by an independent third party to meet the requirements and restrictions of Kosher law.|
||Pure Grade is 100% pure and natural from a single botanical species, extracted exclusively by physical means without additives, residual solvents, or extraction aids.|
||Food Grade oils are Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) and approved by the FDA for human consumption.|
What it does for you
For some people, Peppermint can be too strong, causing allergic reactions and other effects. But Spearmint is a milder mint oil with less content of menthol, compared to its cousin, Peppermint.
This Essential oil has different beneficial effects, but is mostly used in aromatherapy, due to its menthol content. Like other essential oils, using undiluted spearmint can cause skin sensitivities.
- Spearmint Essential Oil may help with:
- Aromatherapy treatments.
- Reduce stress.
- It is high in antioxidants.
- Digestive upsets.
- Fight bacterial infections.
- Ease pain.
- Improve memory.
PubMed Central, a highly respected database from the National Institutes of Health, gives us more information about some of the different studies regarding the health benefits of Spearmint and its components:
- Antiemetic activity of volatile oil from mentha spicata and mentha.
- Therapy for acute nonpurulent rhinosinusitis with cineole.
- Antimicrobial activities of Essential Oil of Mentha Spicata.
- Report on the medicinal use of eleven Lamiaceae species.
- Mentha Spicata as natural analgesia.
- Pharmacological evaluation of Mentha spicata Used to treat anxiety.